Friday 31 December 2010

Teena Marie RIP by Mark Parry.

Robbery (Teena Marie album)Image via Wikipedia

I was so upset to hear about the Soul star Teena Marie.  She was found dead in her aprtment in America.  I have also just read a cool Blog by Britney's Anti-Popular.  Britney seems to be a very deep and profound person.  She knows about true music, and not the crappy pappy mainstream shit of today.  I must totally agree 1000% with Britney.  Music today has gone absolutely shit.  You do have to go and search for decent artists/bands.  There are only a few out there now.  I think music needs a bit of decent imput, from those that know a great tune. 

I remember Teena Marie as a child.  I listened to her a lot on Radio-1.  That's when we had decent DJs.  A lot of these DJs today don't have very good memorable voices, that you can instantly recognise.  Bob Harris was a fantastic DJ, and had a very calming voice late at night.  Tommy Vance was cool at doing the Top 40, and Friday Rock Show.  Jeff Young played decent Dance/Club music.  Annie Nightingale came on after the Top 40, and spoke to Tommy Vance for a few minutes.  Tommy Vance would say, It's 7oclock ...Here's Annie.  I loved this moment, and wanted it to last forever.  But our favourite moments never do last.  They are soon wiped away from us, by the constant erosion of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment